Cloth: A Better Choice for Your Baby and Alaska
- Conservation: Helping the environment by using 70% less energy per diaper than creating a comparable disposable. Reducing the third highest volume item in our landfills. One year of cloth diaper use saves 2,000 pounds of landfill space! 20 billion disposable diapers are added to landfills each year (3.5 million tons of waste).
- Convenience: Clean diapers are delivered to your door weekly! No laundry! No shopping! No rinsing, no soaking, no pins!
- Cost Effective: The price is comparable to eco-friendly brands of plastic diapers. Even better, cloth diapered babies potty train on average one whole year earlier!
- Comfortable and healthy: Soft, breathable cotton next to your baby's skin. Free from nasty chemicals commonly used in disposable diapers. Reduces occurrence of diaper rash.
- Community: Using local services and vendors that provide local jobs. Supporting local businesses.
Why diaper with Happy Bottoms?
- Alaska-made products and services support our local economy.
- Offering weekly pick-up and delivery of quality cloth diapers, reusable wipes and other products.
- The cleaning process uses far less energy and water than home laundering, up to 50% more efficient than most machines.
- No NPE surfactants (nonylphenol ethoxylates), an environmentally-harmful substance found in many store-bought soaps, cleansers and detergents are used in the cleaning process.
- Diapers are cleaned to surgical/hospital standards.